We often get asked what are the drivers of the consumer trend of buying directly from brands.
It is one of the fastest growing parts of ecommerce, driven by:
- D2C brand experience is richer, the intimacy of the brand relationship means repeat rates are high.
- D2C websites often carry exclusive stock and have high availability of best sellers, no need to use discount to sell at volume and high margin.
- Own brand D2C websites can carry stock variants that a retailer (at times constrained by a conservative buyer) often don’t carry.
- Continuing contraction in the retail sector as retailers struggle to adapt to the customer centric nature of multichannel retail.
- D2C Ecommerce merchandising data can give brands a trend insight advantage to replen in season and inform next seasons product designs.
An on brand, customer centric D2C strategy is now critical to brand success.