Assistant Merchandiser – Job Description
This is a great opportunity for an existing Assistant Merchandiser or Senior Merchandise Administrator, or someone who has a good understanding of either retail, retail maths or ecommerce to join an ambitious and growing company, with plenty of scope for career development.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, to work across both eCommerce and physical stores. The Assistant Merchandiser will work with the Merchandiser to ensure that all products are available across all stores, and optimised according to insights.
The Assistant Merchandiser will be highly numerate and able to understand customer trends, and analyse this information to implement any improvements across the stores. They will also play a wider supporting role to ensure that the stores are performing as well as possible.
- Working with the Merchandiser to create & populate all season launch import spreadsheets for both shopify & Brightpearl across all necessary sites, this will include:
- Product template and upload, including pricing
- SEO and Google Shopping information
- Product images & assets
- Collection images & assets
- Creation and maintenance of season launch calendar to ensure all deadlines are met. This will include loading all content into a staging environment so that it can be approved and signed-off.
- Regular content with the Store Manager to ensure that the store’s stock is fully optimised.
- Regular store replenishment, which will include analysing sales to determine the sell through rate and identifying products to be replenished.
- From weekly analysis of the store’s sales, identifying key trends and opportunities, to feedback to the Merchandiser.
- Ensuring that all reports for both the store and eCommerce are accurately run in a timely manner on Monday mornings for the Merchandiser.
- Being the main point of contact for any product queries from the Warehouse and Customer Service teams.
- Assisting the Merchandiser with any larger scale projects.
- Providing support to the Merchandiser for seasonal buys.
- Regular review of the sites to ensure all product is displayed correctly.
- Any adhoc support, which could cover all aspects of the business including report running & contribution, general Shopify assistance and anything else that may be needed by the business.
- Providing holiday cover for the Merchandiser to ensure that a high-level of merchandising support is provided year-round.
- Occasional out of hours support as needed to support the trade stance.
Key Skills Required
- A love of a good brand story.
- To be a strong team player whilst being able to use your own initiative, be enthusiastic, approachable and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
- Excited by using the latest online, database and brand storytelling techniques.
- Gets a buzz from using data to drive strategy and enjoys seeing the amazing results it can generate.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Numerate – able to quickly and accurately review data and identify logical next steps.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’d like to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.